Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Drizzly Day at the Santa Barbara Polo Club...with a side order of Nacho Figueras

Does Ralph Lauren have discerning taste? Why, yes he does. So when Nacho Figueras became the face for the men's Polo brand a few years back, I immediately noticed. And commented. Something like, "Who is that spicy dish?!" Anyhoodle, a little (harmless) research later, I found out that in addition to being a full-time dreamboat, he is an accomplished polo player. Sigh.



My stance on the matter isn't much of a secret with friend and fellow UVA Club of Santa Barbara committee member Jeep Holden, who is himself and hails from a lineage of accomplished equestrians and also a member of the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club.

Even though it was a bit drizzly, Rose and I first watched Jeep and Nacho play in the exhibition match, followed by the finals of the USPA Presidents Cup. Jeep introduced us to Nacho and I was surprised by how reserved he seemed. Later, we watched him play with his adorable toddler son who kept teetering underneath his legs and giggling. My grinch heart grew three sizes that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment